Nowadays, there are more ways to promote a brand or marketing campaign. The challenge of marketers is to determine the most effective form of content based on consumer goals. Then video marketing is one of currently popular. Basically, video marketing work to promote brands, products or services. A strong marketing campaign will involve various content in the form of videos, ranging from consumer testimonials, live event report videos, how-to videos, explainer videos, corporate training videos, also to viral videos (entertainment).
So what makes video marketing considered effective as a content marketing medium? Here are a number of reasons:
- In 2019, videos are projected to attract more than 80% of web traffic.
- Adding videos in email marketing is proven to be able to increase CTR up to 300%.
- Embedding videos on a landing page can increase conversions by as much as 80%.
- 90% of consumers recognize that video products can influence shopping decisions.
- Based on YouTube, consumption of videos through mobile grows to 100% every year.
- 64% of consumers are becoming increasingly interested in buying products online after watching videos.
- 87% of online marketers use video content on average in their digital marketing strategies.
- This year, web video marketing traffic reaches 69%, mobile video ads will grow 5 times faster than PC usage, and landing page conversions with videos reach more than 800%.
Important things to know about video marketing:
A strong marketing strategy must be an important point of marketing campaign. Before entering the next stage, the first question you should ask is: “Who is the target market for the video?” and “What expected action to do after watching the video?”. After the two questions were answered, think of a number of derivative strategies that could strengthen, namely distribution, creative, and production strategies.
Production will not work if there is no clear marketing strategy because in its implementation, the elements of production must also think of the creative part, as well as the channel where the video will be distributed.
In simple terms, there are three phases in a production, namely:
– Pre-production: at this stage creative ideas are built, usually in the form of a script or storyboard. The coordinator will also work on other important details, such as the shooting location, who is the talent, to the costume that will be worn.
– Production: The shooting process, including the shooting process for footage which will enrich the video results. There are many behind-the-scenes production elements that must be done at this stage, such as lighting and framing.
– Post-production: The final stage of the production process is when the video is ready to be aired. This is where graphics are added. Voice-over, until the addition of special effects. The production team will ask for a number of feedback to the relevant parties before displaying the final video.
Production will be in vain if there is no good distribution. A strong distribution strategy will make videos known and profitable. Anywhere the video will be distributed can measure the success of video marketing. Then, make careful decisions regarding this distribution. It’s quite hard to predict the most powerful social media platform to boost your videos. It could be when the distribution is running, the problem is not the platform used but the target market. So, it’s good to always provide space for experimentation and improvisation during the campaign.